Tuesday 21 August 2012

Kernel Upgrade for Samsung Note

Dear All,

Hi How is everybody today, its Tuesday here in Malaysia and it is still a public Holiday for the Hari Raya, it's a replacement holiday for Sunday, because the first day of Hari Raya falls on Sunday, our replacement holiday falls on Tuesday. Tomorrow will by my first day to work after a long Hari Raya Holiday.

Anyway, today's post is about my recent Samasung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. THe update happen while I was doing my recent post about the problem occurred after upgrading from Ginger Bread version 2.3 to Ice Cream Sandwich ver4.0.3 and the only solution to that problem is upgrade it to ICS version 4.0.4.

I glad the post draw quite an interest to my readers, and today's post is about my recent kerne update. I perform manual update once a while. and somehow there was small update took place for my Samsung Galaxy Note, at first i thought it was another ICS version upgrade from ICS version 4.0.4 to ver 4.0.5 and to my surprise it was not a full version upgrade instead it was only a Kernel version update. here are the images I took from a screen shot before upgrade and after upgrade of the Samsung Kernel version.

Previously run Kernel version dpiDELL166 #3 

Currently run Kernel version dpiDELL141 #3
I am not so sure about the the differences, but one this for sure I read from the internet that apart from the battery life issue when upgrading to ICS 4.0.3 there is a serious temperature problem after a long period of web browsing. 

I experienced the temperature increase quite frequently, since I always put my data broadband service on active 24/7 do felt I felt an extreme heat in my pocket once in a while, and after pull it out, man I tell you the heat was so bad That I had to put my phone nest to my car air-conditioner. 

Not sure during the previous update to ICS version 4.0.4 help solved the temperature problem, because after upgrade the short upgrade there is no more temperature issue arrises. so far since Saturday update from 3.0.15-N7000DXLR2 to 3.0.15-N7000DXLR5.



Anyone have any information about the kernel build recent update? please I welcome any information about the recent update, or my other guess is its a transition version for Samsung Galaxy Note to Latest Android version JellyBean.... rumours has it that Android JellyBean has been release in Germany...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments..Please do visit me again.. Thank you so much once again..