Remember in my previous post, I talked about after upgrading my Samsung Galaxy Note android version 2.3 (Ginger Bread) to Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
After the upgrading, I faced several problem mainly on the battery life itself. due to high processor activity, plus my 24 hours active broadband service, well this is because I need my incoming email continuously its more of a work related email.
So after upgrading to Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0.4) the problem kinda solved.
So what was done by google in addressing the problem? So let us all have a quick look on the difference between ICS version 4.0.3 and ICS version 4.0.4
ICS version 4.0.3 :
- It was release end of last year
- Release API version Level 15
- API version 15 is packed with features what would enhance you Samsung Phablet..
- Accessibility was refined which include, Improved content access for screen reader and New status and error reporting for text to speech engine etc.
- The Camera was made capable of checking and managing video stabilization via apps as well as the ability to use QVGA resolution profiles when required.
- New APIs for developers included a social stream API in the Contacts provider an apps that used social stream data, for instance status updates from a social network like Facebook, could sync that data with a user’s contacts.
- Calendar enhancements were included, allowing apps to add colors to events for easy tracking.
- New attendee types and states were added, as well as improvements to graphics, databases, spell-check and Bluetooth functionality.
- Gmail was also updated. An Experiments heading was added in the settings menu of Gmail as well as two new options. These were the options to index entire messages within Gmail to improve local search and drag-and-drop contacts between the To, CC and BCC address fields.
Though the ICS version 4.0.3 is packed with new feature but there is also a downside to this version, and most of the complains are related to heavy CPU usage and fast battery drainage. The animation wasn’t exactly overly appreciated either, and users complained about the time it took to simply access the multitasking feature.
ICS version 4.0.4 :
Well this version is supposed to address the problem that occurred in version 4.0.3, mainly resolved the bug in high process activity and battery life issue.
Beside the 2 main issues, what other improvements or issues resolved in version 4.0.4?
- Multitasking accessing speed, The slight delay in accessing the multitasking feature was fixed.
- Improvement on screen rotational, improvement allows screen rotational became more fluid and quicker than before
- Improved camera performance.
- Enhanced phone number recognition and more stable than before.
- Battery life problem has been resolved at least that is what I am experienced right now.
According to techsilver.com the Android 4.0.5 version we will not see much features instead it is more of a bug fixer to mainly to address Samsung Galaxy Nexus issues, which experiencing quite an irritating problem after upgraded to ICS 4.0.4.
According to information read over the internet, users with Samsung Nexus experiencing problem such as :
- Connectivity problem.
- Sudden Lost of Network coverage (Cellular) signal during standby mode. and will back to normal when it is brought back to active mode.
The good new is, the upgrade of Samsung Nexus to Android version 4.0.4 only affects certain batch of Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone. I am not sure what or how to identify which batch of Nexus but until a complete debugging version is released, the only solution is to downgrade your Samsung Nexus to previous version.
Source : phonearena.com ; techsilver.com