As we moving towards the final year of 2011, and bid farewell to all the months and days of 2011. let us take a final look back in history that takes place in 2011 before we take the first step into the new Year 2012.
Every day starting today, I will post the events that took place in every month of the year, each day will have 2 month of the calendar year.
Today I will post about what had happen in brief for the month of January 2011 and February 2011..
8th January 2011- Attempted assassination of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and subsequent shooting in Casas Adobes, Arizona at a Safeway grocery store kills 6 and wounds 13, including Giffords
14th January 2011
- Stampede near Sabarimala in Kerala, India kills 104 devotees and injures 100 more
- Ben Ali, former Tunisian president, fled the country to Saudi Arabia after popular protests (dubbed as Jasmine Revolution) requesting his departure.
15th January 2011
- Wikipedia the free internet encyclopedia turns 10 years old
24th January 2011
- At least 35 died and 180 injured in a bombing at Moscow's Domodedovo airport.
25th January 2011
- Egyptian Revolution of 2011 begins in Egypt, with a series of street demonstrations, marches, rallies, acts of civil disobedience, riots, labour strikes, and violent clashes in Cairo, Alexandria, and throughout other cities in Egypt.
28th January 2011
- Hundreds of thousands of protesters fill the Egyptian's streets against the Mubarak regime in demonstrations referred to as the "Friday of Anger"
3rd February 2011- All available blocks of IPv4 internet addresses are officially distributed to regional authorities.
11th February 2011- Egyptian Revolution culminates in the resignation of Hosni Mubarak and the transfer of power to the Supreme Military Council after 18 days of protests.
14th February 2011- The 2011 Bahraini uprising commenced.
15th February 2011- Libyan protests begin opposing Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi's rule
22nd February 2011- An earthquake measuring 6.3 in magnitude strikes Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 181 people
24th February 2011- Final Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery (OV-103).
25th February 2011- In the Irish general election, the Fianna Fáil-led government suffered the worst defeat of a sitting government since the formation of the Irish state in 1921.