Monday 28 November 2011

Trip Back to Kota Kinabalu from Sandakan...

Dear Readers,

In my previous post, I talked about our trip back from Sandakan to Kk City.  remember mentioning about a bumpy trip, due to the road condition.

Most of the road users there are Trailer, lorries, and 4WD. Sandakan and Lahad Datu area the land are mostly covered by Palm Oil estate own either privately or large corporation from the Peninsular Malaysia.

The Palm oil estate covered from several hundred hectar to several thousand hectar of land.

We mentioned we checked out from the hotel around 0830am-0930am we had our short breakfast nearby the hotel. and approximately 1030am we began travelling out of Sandakan via the new highway.

On the way out from Sandakan, somewhere after 15km drive I received an SMS that there is an alarm in one of our network element. I had to remotely access our system to make sure everything is working and that the root cause to the problem was not from our own element. luckily the Celcom mobile coverage wide allowing me ot access my system everywhere with comvenienence.

We decided to stop at Mile 32 for a short stop maybe buy us some local fruits there, or maybe some keropok( local snack). for me this will be a good time to take a few shots. after about 35minute stop, we started to to cruise and headed towards KK.

I had a few short sleep (on and off) and was a little hungry. We usually stop by Lahad Datu between Sandakan to Lahad Datu takes about 2hours 45minutes to 3hours and we did not stop at the new township for our lunch, our plans was supposed ti take the shortcut route skipped the Fajar township then stop at mount Kinabalu national park for lunch, instead we missed the shortcut exit and in the end we decided to take a very short stop at Lahad Datu Fajar township for a short coffee break and toilet break then headed toward KK 10minutes - 15minutes later.

This trip from Lahad Datu to Mount Kinabalu will take us another 1hour45minutes to slightly over 2 hours drive. that is if there is no slowing us down along the way.

Trip from Lahad Datu, we will drive pass several small town. Mile 32 check point, Telupid, part of Beluran Town, Several Vilage, like Kampung Vonod, Kampung Toupus, Kampung Matupang, Kampung Nalapak. and many more village allong the way, before we reach Ranau Town then another 30minute to 45minute drive before we reach Kundasang, here we can have a great view of Mount Kinabalu and visit British war memorial.

We reached at the foot of Mount Kinabalu, also where the Kinabalu national Park is located, there is a restaurant there, we reached there at about 3pm for lunch, the rain had just stopped. after we had our lunch, we proceed towards KK. another 1hour to 1hour 30minutes drived, and fron here is will be mostly down hill drive.

Finally approximately 4:35pm we arrived Tuaran Town, where one of my colleague will headed straight home. then it's my turn to to head home, but first I had to stopped at my parents in laws house also located at Tuaran. My Wife and my 2 daughters had been staying here during my outstation trip to Sandakan-Tawau-Sandakan. 

After a short stop meeting my wife and eldest daughter Kendra, I headed home, and that was the end of our trip. for more photos please click here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments..Please do visit me again.. Thank you so much once again..